POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Ray teleportation and multiple spaces : Re: Ray teleportation and multiple spaces Server Time
15 May 2024 06:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ray teleportation and multiple spaces
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 5 Oct 2005 18:05:08
Message: <43444e14$1@news.povray.org>
> Sounds mostly like the camera_view pigment to me:

Would it be possible to have such a portal (A patch of Chris Huff called
it like this IIRC) working in both directions? Following example:

A scene with just a plane in it, and on the plane stands a door frame.
Through the door you can see a room, but it's clear that the door must
be a portal, because you can see that the room itself is not on the
plane. Up to this it could be done with the camera_pigment. But imagine
I want a light_source in the room to shine light on the plane, or an
object in the room to reflect the plane - this would not work currently,
right? One would need a surface which teleports incoming rays, depending
on which side of the surface they hit.

Would this be possible? And would it be worth the effort?

Florian